BWCC: Startup Track 2024
ABOUT THE BETTER WORKPLACES CHALLENGE CUP
SHRMLabs' Better Workplaces Challenge Cup (BWCC), powered by SHRM, is a global competition in search of the most innovative and game-changing ideas and solutions that are solving for the workplaces' most critical challenges. Does your solution have what it takes?
THE BWCC STARTUP TRACK
Apply to be part of our 4th annual global WorkplaceTech competition.
The BWCC Startup track is a three-round hybrid pitch competition to identify WorkplaceTech startups that are revolutionizing the way we work. Startups will present their technologies in front of HR experts, business leaders, and SHRM members with a chance to win $50,000 and take their business to the next level. The first round commences in March 2024, consisting of five segments focused on a distinct HR category. Five companies of the same category will be selected to compete in each segment. The winner of each segment will then proceed to the semi-finals. From there, the top three startups will move to the final round to compete live and in-person at SHRM's Annual Conference and Expo in Chicago, IL on June 24, 2024.
Competition Prizes Include:
- Exposure throughout the competition in front of the largest HR network in the world, SHRM's 325,000+ members across 165 countries who impact the lives of 235 Million global workers and their families.
- An expenses paid trip for two (2) representatives to SHRM’s Annual Conference and Exposition in Chicago, IL on June 23-26, 2024.
- A fully sponsored branded booth space in the SHRMLabs Workplace Innovation Zone at SHRM's Annual Conference Expo hall floor.
- A $50,000 cash prize.
- Innovation: Assessing the degree of innovation and disruption inherent in your solution, gauging its uniqueness and potential to reshape the status quo.
- Scalability: Evaluating the extent to which your solution has the potential to make a substantial, positive impact on the lives and work of countless employees on a large scale.
- Impact: Measuring the capacity of your business to cultivate thriving workplaces where the objectives of employers and employees harmonize effectively, resulting in a meaningful and positive influence.
- Alignment to SHRM: Determining how your solution aligns with the core values and objectives of SHRM to enhance the efficiency and strategic prowess of HR professionals, ultimately contributing value to SHRM members and their organizations.
- Company must be an early-stage startup in the workplace tech, HR tech, Future of Work, or Human Capital Services market.
- Company must be a for-profit company established with a management team and public-facing website.
- Company must be able to convey a business model and demonstrate traction, engagement, and adoption metrics.
- Company cannot have raised more than $5 million in total outside funding at the time of the application.
- Company cannot have earned more than $5 million in revenue at the time of the application.
- Workplace solution must directly contribute to better workplaces. In particular, we will be looking for solutions in the following workplace market segments, though others are encouraged to apply:
- Workforce Planning
- Talent Acquisition
- Internal Mobility
- Candidate Experience
- Talent Assessment
- Succession Planning
- Leave Management
- Employee Communication
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Employee Experience
- Total Rewards
- Performance Management
- Learning & Development
- People Analytics
- HR Operations
- Business Process Improvement
- Data Analytics
- Workforce Planning
- Each company is only eligible to present at one of the first-round events.